Results from the Vibrant/IAB Mobile Rising Stars research (June 2013) support the value of interactive mobile ads to engage users, drive brand performance and create a positive ad experience.
KEY FINDINGS: IAB & Vibrant Mobile Rising Stars ads inspire more user interaction, branding performance and positive user opinions versus standard banner ads.
- Mobile Rising Stars ads inspire users to interact with the ad
generating nearly 2x the interaction
consumers are 79% more likely to interact with an IAB Mobile Rising Stars Ad than they are with a standard Mobile Banner Ad
- Consumers react quicker to Mobile Rising Stars Ads
Mobile Rising Stars units inspire a quicker response — about 9 seconds faster than standard mobile ads
- Interacting with Mobile Rising Stars Ads leads to higher brand and message recall
Users interacting with Mobile Rising Stars ads are 18% more likely to recall the brand name and 23% more likely to recall the brand message advertised vs. viewing a standard banner ad.
- Interacting with Mobile Rising Stars ads increases positive user perceptions of mobile ads leading to stronger ad receptivity compared to viewing standard banner ads:
Ads are attention grabbing: +43% higher
Enjoyable/fun: +38% higher
Better than other mobile ads+22% higher
KEY FINDING: Viewing ads on mobile screens delivers brand impact – especially on tablets
- Mobile ads achieve high levels of performance in brand recall and message recall overall, with tablets higher
- Nearly 9 in 10 (87%) tablet users recalled the brand name, as did 4 in 5 smartphone users (80%).
- Nearly three-quarters (70%) who viewed a Mobile ad on a tablet and two-thirds (64%) who viewed ads on a smartphone were able to recall the brand message